Trainee Hairdresser Vacancies
Salary: During your training period you will be paid an apprenticeship wage
Job Locations: Bristol, Cambridge, Canary Wharf, Epsom, Putney, Sutton, Wimbledon, Worcester Park
Employment type: Full time work based learning
Hours: 42 hours per week if aged 18 or over – 40 hours per week if under 18
Job Description of a Trainee Hairdresser
At seanhanna, as a trainee hairdresser, you will learn all elements of working in a professional hair salon, including shampooing, cutting, colouring, perming, blow-drying and styling hair.
You will also learn how to advise clients on caring for their hair at home. As you gain more experience, you will carry out more complex tasks whilst under supervision.
During this training period, trainees are also expected to participate in the smooth running of the salon. General reception duties will be taught during your training period. Previous salon experience is not necessary.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Keenness to learn, work and progress
- Willing to follow instructions
- Able to work under pressure
- Pleasant, professional and positive personality
- Good standards of personal hygiene and self – presentation
- Excellent communication skills
- To take care and have pride in doing a good job
GCSE passes in Maths and English are an advantage, but key skills will be delivered during training to those who haven’t achieved the minimum standard grades
Customer Service Skills:
- Playing a part in preparing the client for their stylist consultation and ensuring each client has refreshments, magazines, gowns and general comfort
- Ensuring the client is happy, comfortable and knows what is occurring throughout their time in the salon
- Offering meaningful, relevant conversation to the customer, knowing how to encourage the customer to talk
In Salon Skills:
- Offering advice to the clients during the cleansing and conditioning ritual
- Attending courses offered within the seanhanna academy, working towards achieving NVQ Level 2 and completing all work and tests set by assessors within an agreed time frame
- Demonstrating and helping to support new assistants to master shampooing and massage techniques
- Following Health and Safety guidelines responsibly whilst at work.
- Adhering to Fire Safety procedures to ensure the safety of clients and other team members
- Attending all in salon assessment days and participating in periodic training reviews
- Working within health and safety guidelines, keeping fire exits clear.
- Carrying out skin testing prior to chemical services. Wearing required P.P.E.
- Assisting stylists with client preparation for and during the service being provided, this includes colour removal, blow-dries and neutralising perms as required
- Housekeeping – keeping salon clean and tidy and reflecting the seanhanna brand principles
- Helping to ensure the general security of the salon and of those working there
- Helping to keep a positive and energetic salon atmosphere, remaining professional and courteous at all times.
- Promoting seanhanna and its brand principles
How to apply:
To apply for a position as a trainee hairdresser at a seanhanna salon:
- Call Mia in confidence on 020 8540 5967
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the application form on this page. There is also a facility to upload your CV on this page.
- You can drop your CV into any seanhanna salon and hand it to a member of our reception team.